View Single Post
Old 02-13-2009, 02:41 PM   #9
LonnieB
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6150
Send a message via MSN to LonnieB
Quote:
quote:Lonnie, I bought my Michelin tires from Costco and my new rims from Les Schwab and had Costco mount the tires. Costco said the steel valve stems Les Schwab gave with the rims would not work and used high pressure rubber valve stems instead. I have the new seyup for almost a year now. Should I be concerned about the rubber stems. They are on a 2880RL that weighs about 10400# loaded and I carry 80# air. You are the expert on tires.
Jeff, you will probably be ok with the high pressure, rubber, snap in stems. Just keep an eye on them for weather cracking, and other signs of deterioration. If the stems that Les Schwabb supplied with the wheels wouldn't work, maybe the ones on H. John Kohl's original post will. There is also a snap in stem that is all brass with a rubber grommet molded on the end that goes through the wheel. These are what I have on my trailer, and my truck, and they seem to be holding up well. I still prefer the type with the compression nut, just didn't have any in stock when I put the new tires on my trailer.
LonnieB is offline   Reply With Quote