View Single Post
Old 07-11-2019, 01:47 AM   #36
Fishin2dMax
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #20689
I too purchased a 2018 305 RE HC and have logged 28 significant defects that all needed repair so far. Some of the more major issues were fixed by my dealer, but I ended up repairing many of the items myself due the 100+ mile distance to my dealer. My previous 5'er was a Heartland 5'er and I only had one significant issue in 8 years of ownership. I thought I was upgrading when going to a "Montana"; however, thus far, the quality of the HC Montana has been a big disappointment! It's not a matter of if we'll find more issues, it's just a matter of how many new issues/ surprises we encounter every time we use the trailer. To be fair to my dealer, they have fought Keystone for us and even got things approved for repair out of warranty (leaking gear slide gear boxes). If it wasn't for my dealer, I would have traded it in (taken a big loss) and purchased a Grand Design product. It's very sad how most of the RV industry has not implemented, nor understands the "cost of quality" and how quality is actually an investment for the future growth, profitability and sustainability of the company.