View Single Post
Old 12-09-2014, 04:38 PM   #8
dieselguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3085
Even the super duper 1/4" foil will wick up water. In 2011 when I was on my creeper under my brand new unit in the dealers prep lot during the PDI, I noticed the plastic underbelly sagging down. The prep crew for my fiver pressure washed my underbelly for some unknown reason. When I pushed up on the plastic belly material, water ran out both ends. It got into each and every channel in the corrugated plastic underbelly material and also go into the super duper 1/4" foil insulation material. It seems the foil insulation material (at least mine) has thousands of tiny holes in it from the manufacturing process. It was similar to a big sponge when I removed it from the underbelly. Fearing never drying out before forming mold, I replaced the foil insulation and the dealer reimbursed me. Why I didn't make them do it then and there? Read some of my archived posts on the faith I have in any dealers service departments and you'll figure it out right away. I did it in such a way that there were no cuts in the belly pan plastic.
dieselguy is offline   Reply With Quote