View Single Post
Old 05-22-2009, 09:31 AM   #34
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by stiles watson

Bummer, Sounds like it might have been damaged in some way. Did it ever hit a slide while it was retracted? I put a new capacitor in mine, but it sounds like enough is wrong with it that replacement is the way to go. Gad, I hate installing fans.
Stiles, did the capacitor fix a problem with LOW speed not working or something similar? I could do that if I knew where to get at it. If you think this would help our low speed problem, please email me.

Meanwhile, we did as someone else (forgot who) reported they did. We found the exact size (for 42" fan) brackets at Home Depot (Lowe's and Ace don't carry them). They were white but I found spray paint a very close match and painted them. The fan is now working. Except for low speed.

What worries me now is that if we accidently turn it to low instead of off, the fan gets hot and might be a fire hazard. For now we're being careful but we need to do some shopping for a new fan (or maybe replace a capacitor as Stiles did). There are 42 inch fans available but we have to make sure they hug the ceiling enough to avoid hitting the slides when retracted.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote