View Single Post
Old 05-08-2009, 12:23 PM   #23
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by exav8tr

Checked mine tonight and lo and behold, a broken metal mount. Looks like a trip to Lowes/Home Depot tomorrow. Thanks again go to the MOC family for bringing this to our attention.

Phil
Lowes nor Home Depot had the right blade holders so we found a "Fan Shop" in Jacksonville that fixed us up with 4 new "Antique Brass" holders. HINT: The screws that held the old blades on the hangers would not fit the new holders. I had to return for new screws also, so if you replace the holders, I would suggest getting the screws the first time and maybe save a trip. Of course, if I had taken everything to the fan guy, it would have saved a trip also. Dan's Fans on Atlantic in Jacksonville.

BTW: He had a National cash register dating back to 1928, a real relic that still works. Strange but it will only ring up to $59.99. I guess things were a lot cheaper in 1928. He sent it back to National in 1988 and had it cleaned and oiled. They were happy to see it as they keep records on all the equipment they sell and were glad to see it still functioning.
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote