Thread: Disneyworld
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2018, 09:28 AM   #6
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Quote:
Originally Posted by BB_TX View Post
Thanks, Rich. The week after New Years sounds interesting. Although before Christmas sounds great, overly large crowds can be frustrating. Even trying to maximize fast pass (which are typically gone well before noon) you can still only get on a limited number of most popular rides/attractions. We may stick with our pre thanksgiving timing.

Over the years we have stayed at an off site hotel, rented a 5 BR/4 bath/pool/game room house 1 1/2 miles from WDW (great at about $250 day for 9 people), and package stays at both Coronado Springs Resort and Animal Kingdom Resort (both of which we scored the free dining plan for the entire stays). Each time we got the 4 day park hopper pass leaving one day in the middle to chill or visit downtown Disney. My son is leaning toward a house again to reduce costs as all his kids (3) are charged as adults now. There are even 6-7 BR/6 bath houses nearby for $250-300/day.
We are already plannng and will be making reservations soon.
Understand your thinking.The cost is very high.The holiday season is spectacular but of course Helen and I worked there had many Disney discounts as cast members and admission was free. It has always bothered me that the cost of a WDW visit is out of the reach of many average Americans. Your plan of off site housing is a good one our family did the same thing a couple of years ago with a family vacation at Virginia Beach.
Pre Thanksgiving is a good choice.

I stress again to make reservations ASAP as good off site housing is booked a year in advance.You can run the locations by us and we will check them out for you I think parking has gone up to 20/22 $$ a day for a car. BTW Downtown Disney is now called "Disney Springs"The" Earl of Sandwich" is our favorite place to eat. There are many good restaurants there.

We no longer work at WDW .Helen turned in her ears this year so our WDW days are over of course we have been there scores of times not to mention working there.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote