View Single Post
Old 11-20-2006, 07:53 AM   #18
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
We were torn between the 3475 and 3400, and by just looking at floorplans we decided on the 3475 as it had the same kitchen as our 2955RL that we were used to.

However, after spending time walking around each model at the dealer, we changed our mind and went with the 3400 - reason included:
  • were were afraid the 3400 kitchen would be claustrophobic, turned out it was more roomy than we thought
  • We didn't like the spindles on the 3475 that took up what little counter there was
  • The pantry on the 3400 appealed to us
  • We verified there was access to the fridge on the 3400 with the slides in, which was important to us for load/unload
  • The 3475 had the same cabinet space as our 2955, which was already overloaded. The extra cabinetry in the 3400 was a bonus

We also couldn't ignore resale. Important to some and not to others, but the 3400 and 2955 are the top sellers as we were told by multiple dealers. Our 2955 sold with a phone call and was gone in one day. It was a little scary to see some of the models (not mentioned) that are 2 years old and still sitting on the lot. Even though they are cool floorplans, the dealers just can't seem to move them.

I'm not too proud to tell you if I bought something that was a mistake or if there were things I would do different. One of the killer things to us on our 2955 was the sofa bed hitting the kitchen blocking off access to the door. We lived with it, but I made sure we didn't go down that road on the next one.
bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote