View Single Post
Old 02-09-2019, 09:51 PM   #11
Drifty1
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9441
Quote:
Originally Posted by PNW Fireguy View Post
The good thing about that perceived short coming is that most lithium installations take advantage of an aftermarket inverter/charger since the stock PD distribution centers do not invert. Most solar charge controllers I have researched either have lithium specific settings or their settings can be changed to support the charge characteristics of most lithium formulas. If not simply match the bulk and eq voltage settings to your lithiumj manufacturer's specs, reduce the absorb time to the minimum possible and set the float as close to or higher than the bulk settings. LiFePO4 don't want to float. Lastly set your rebulk voltage settings based upon your DOD.

PD website indicates that they now offer a line of lithium compatible distribution centers. You would still need to purchase an inverter to take advantage of the battery capacity so to me it doesn't make sense.
PNW Fireguy is very knowledgeable on Lifepo4 batteries and has graciously let me follow his solar and battery install from the start. Thanks Derek.

The only item that I need to address on my system is the 125amp charger built into my Magnum Hybrid 3012 Inverter. At this time I put this charger on standby when plugged into shore power because I want to let my solar panels do all the battery charging. If I need to use this charger to bring my batteries up I have the charging voltage and amps set a little below my solar charger so I should not have any problems with the 2 chargers fighting each other.