View Single Post
Old 10-22-2006, 05:40 AM   #1
DonandBonnie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5906
3400 vs 3475 or is it 3485?

Bonnie and I are now starting to zero in on which model Montana we are going to buy. We like the openness of the living area of the 3475, but the upcoming model change to 3485 along with some of your comments about the 3400 has us rethinking our plans. Here is what led us to the point we are now at.

It seems that with the 3475 you have access to all areas with the slides in which would be handy when overnighting at Walmart for example. Many of you prefer the 3400 because of its increased counter and storage space, however the counter with the sink blocks access to the rear with the slides in. Also there is almost 700 pounds less carrying capacity in the 3400 vs 3475.

With the new 3485 we feel we would sorely miss the drawer stack that the relocated washer/dryer would eliminate. The enclosed bath area does not matter, in fact Bonnie is wondering whether the enclosed area would be a plus to reduce humidity from the shower in the bedroom. Does anyone know anything about the specs on the 3485 yet? I visited our area dealer on Friday. They had no clue as to what a 3485 was until I showed them on the Forum.

Please feel free to tear into what I have just said. I realize that our final choice will be what makes us comfortable, but we love to read other opinions on what makes you comfortable. This might help us discover something that we haven't thought about.

Don and Bonnie
DonandBonnie is offline   Reply With Quote