View Single Post
Old 07-29-2004, 04:08 AM   #12
lightningjack11
Montana Master

M.O.C. #59
I have called a lot of different government agencies, e-mailed the news channels, searched the statutes. Gov agencies get upset when you call them and refer you to someone else.

The only thing that made any sense was the local Sheriff's office. They said yes the law is on the books but there were no plans to make a big thing about it by ticketing which you could get jail time for. They said they suggest to the driver to get the license as soon as possible and explain what could happen if they do not.

Baynews9 states there are "exemptions" for SUVs in the statutes but have not been able to determine where they are. They are listening to unknowns and not checking for themselves.

Who knows what they will do next.
---------
As far as voting, it will be worse this year in Florida. When they bought the new touch screens it did not take a brain surgeon to figure out there was no paper trail. Votes can't be verified.
Although Gov Bush claim the machines are ready and secure, the GOP is sending letters to registered republicans urging them to vote by absentee ballot to circumvent the computer.

My county,Hernando, has the best voting method I have ever seen and they have had it for a long time. During recounts their answers are always the same and it is quick. The method is you fill out your ballot and when you leave you put it into a computer which counts and verifies on the spot if there is anything wrong with your ballot. Extremely accurate. Certainly a model for voting. State didn't even consider this method.

Time to grow old with my Monty. I wonder what comes next.
lightningjack11 is offline   Reply With Quote