View Single Post
Old 11-13-2007, 01:48 PM   #6
rames14
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1920
Jaybird -

I have the roof mounted dish, but it is the same thing. Turn on your receiver and turn tv to channel 3 (unless you are using the component in to the tv, in which case you will want to use the input 1). I usually take a gps reading when I get there, but if I forget, I start at about 180 deg azimuth and 38 deg elevation. Since I am inside the trailer, I just turn the satellite to setup, signal strength and listen for the beep to tell me I'm close. I have both the bedroom and main tv setup for sat so I can watch or have my wife tell me. Since you are going to be adjusting outside, you can do one of three things - turn up the volume and listen, have someone on the inside tell you when you're close, or buy one of the satellite finders that connect to the dish that will tell you when you have a good signal. Once you get a good signal, exit out of the menu and wait for it to acquire the signal and you will be watching your favorite program. Hope this helps. If not, send me a message and I'll try to answer specific questions. Enjoy.
Ron and Terrie Ames - MOC #1920/KF0NTA
2021Montana 3230CK Super Solar Legacy Package
2021 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn, BIM Charging
4x4, SRW, LB, Crew Cab, Pullrite 3900 Hitch
rames14 is offline   Reply With Quote