View Single Post
Old 07-19-2004, 09:42 PM   #2
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Gordon,
I have the Superglide and can only say one thing that I have in common with the Super 5th your looking at. That is the fully automatic locking, latching mechanism. Since I am single and do alot of traveling solo, I have found it really easy to know when I have a solid connection between the hitch and kingpin. When the two are in proper place you can see the locking handle slide into place and you know you have a solid locked connection. I have been in friends trucks who have the Reese 16k and "in my opinion" I feel more of the "bump" or slop in his hitch. I have never owned a fifth wheel before my current one and the Superglide is the only fifth wheel hitch I have towed with. The dual articulation, dual tilt head is a must no matter which hitch you go with. Amazing how that really helps the ride between truck and trailer. The other thing with the Super 5th is it looks like you have a few different mounting options. I have the traditional base rails and L brackets in my truck, so only the hitch comes out not the rails. I am sure someone will be along soon that has the Reese hitch. Good luck and congrats on your purchase of the 3400RL. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do mine.
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote