View Single Post
Old 07-31-2018, 02:10 PM   #1
Bierp
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #21854
Adding an electric shorepower cord reel

I have a 2018 3950BR. I purchased it near the end of the model year to get better pricing (or at least that was the idea). Unfortunately there were no Legacy models to be had...anywhere. (And, thanks to the power of the internet, I literally did check everywhere.)

I'm mostly okay with that, but one feature I wanted but didn't get was the power reel for the 50 amp shore power cord. I'd really like that. I'm not a huge fan of dragging it out and even less so of trying to roll it up, clean the yuk off it and putting it back in my basement.

I'm wondering if it's possible to retro-fit the power reel system into my unit and what that might take?

I don't have the technical savvy to pull that off myself, but I'm not above paying for a pro to do it...if it's possible.

Has anyone done a conversion like this? Forum searches show folks using manual reels for storage, but not a full power add on. I'm a 3 AC kinda guy and always use 50 amp service.

Thoughts?