View Single Post
Old 11-20-2019, 07:24 PM   #10
whutfles
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #17319
Our Montana is 10 years old. When we bought it new we also bought a 7 year plan which they called bumper-to-bumper. It had a $100 deductable. After 7 years, we never collected a dime. After the warranty period, if we had an issue, the dealer didn't want to deal with the warranty company and would offer us a significant discount to fix the issue. We didn't have many issues. If I was to buy another, I would only warranty the big structural issues - slides and their mechanisms, frame, hydraulic and electircal. Stuff that wears out - brakes, appliances, fixtures, and stuff that I can fix don't need warrantied. If you are crafty and don't mind turning a wrench or a screwdriver, don't waste the money to warranty everything. All of the warranty repairs require you to take your RV to the dealer and it will sit there until they get it fixed. If I can fix it while it sits in storage or even while I am using it at an RV Park, I would prefer to do that, even if I have to pay for the part, rather than take it to the Dealer.
whutfles is offline   Reply With Quote