View Single Post
Old 11-20-2019, 07:20 PM   #6
jfaberna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13909
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcurtis934 View Post
...My guess is that you are not connected to a "shore power" source in your backyard and therefore the battery/batteries are sagging in voltage as this high load is being placed on them. Therefore that motor is demanding more current to keep it operating normally. If you see these types of readings when hooked up to a 50 amp pedestal, you might be having a motor that is having issues. Those cheapie self resetting bimetallic "breakers" installed by keystone will require less and less current to open them as the contacts burn from arcing.
I'm not connected to 120V as you suspected. Since I got my Victron Energy BVM 712 I've been keeping a close look at ah used and max currents along with battery capacity %. My batteries are 2-6 volt deep cycle golf cart batteries in series rated at 210 ah at 20hr. (C20=210). while the current does go high it's just for 45 seconds total. So the ah used to open and close them is a total of 5 ah. So it's seems to be a small percentage of my total capacity.

I'll check the voltage dip the next time I put out the slides on battery and then on 50A shore power to compare.
jfaberna is offline   Reply With Quote