View Single Post
Old 12-10-2018, 06:40 AM   #15
kjmcdowell77
Established Member

M.O.C. #22739
Quote:
Originally Posted by beeje View Post
Although the Anderson hitch is light enough for one person to remove and reinstall in position, the hitch ball must be precisely located under it and lowered into place. Essentially the same thing as hitching up a travel trailer. For me, I don't see the benefit of such a set up. My hitch gets removed from the truck, maybe once a year at best. I have a (hitch up stick that I made) that I hang from the pin box. I raise the front of the camper until the stick just dangles, remove it and then back up to the camper and align the white lines I painted on the pin box and underside of the trifold tonnoue cover and hitch up in 10 seconds while only looking in the rear view mirror. works like a champ.
Thanks for the comment, but I really like the way the Anderson hitch pulls. I also pull my hitch out frequently to use the bed of the truck and need to be able to carry it easily. Like it or not, my Silverado does not avail me the privilege of seeing the hitch from the rear view mirror so a camera of some kind is my only choice if I am hooking up without a spotter.

I appreciate everyone's comments and suggestions.
2017 Silverado 2500HD Duramax Diesel
kjmcdowell77 is offline   Reply With Quote