View Single Post
Old 11-12-2018, 04:32 PM   #1
timandpeggy
Established Member

M.O.C. #17685
Pendleton, Or. Keystone Service Center

We are one of the many with a High Country 353RL and the broken slide wall due to improper manufacturing (broken weld on stud at floor sill plate). We attended the 2017 Goeshen rally and discussed the issue with the Montana Service Reps. The decision was made for Keystone to fix it in Goeshen.

Well, we winter in Salt Lake City (for the VA), and with my wife's health conditions, going back to Goeshen was a real hassle. Her PTSD would have created all kinds of issues.

We worked with the Goeshen folks, and it was agreed that we could go to the Pendelton, Or. facility. We dropped the trailer off Sept. 24, and were prepared for at least 4-6 weeks in hotels.

The rep at Pendelton kept very good communication, an e-mail every Friday with status. She understood he longer we were out of the rig, the worse the PTSD got. The second e-mail was full of amazing info. Not only had they repaired the stud and reinforced it, they had also replaced all the floor covering due to a scrape made by the slide being out of whack. I also had them inspect the curb side slide for a leak at the bottom apwhen travelling in the rain, and they installed a missing seal, as well as replacing the flooring under the carpet.

We had agreed on a pickup date that would work, as they were still waiting for a table top (they had identified a defect we knew about but we're not too concerned) and a piece of trim. I got there, and were shown the repairs, to include new rear jacks, auto-level control panel, new stile in the bathroom caused by a leaking shower when we first got the trailer in 2015, and e new color flooring. Even the new table top was the newer style with an easily accessible, and easy to fasten/ unfasten strap. They had als resealed the entire bathroom much better than the factory.

Our recommendation, if possible, and you are in the western US, use the Pendelton facility. The folks there are very professional and take great pride in their work.
timandpeggy is offline   Reply With Quote