View Single Post
Old 05-13-2009, 01:15 PM   #8
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
On your Fantastic fan, besides adjusting the switch, make sure the cover opens in the first place. If my trailer sits for a while it seems that the cover seems to get a little sticky and won't open preventing the fan to turn on. I had to get on my step ladder and manually but gently force it open because it seemed it stuck a little. I then cleaned the seal and the cover real good and haven't had any problem since.

When we first got our Monty it came with two recliners separated by a small table and table lamp. About our third time out I found screws sitting underneath the chairs. I realized Montana only puts the things together and does not manufacture everything in it but gets them from the respective suppliers.

With less than six months of using the rig, I turned over one of them to find that besides the screws being loose and having to fish some of them off the floor to reinstall them, that there were screws flat out missing! I turned the other one over and found the same thing, that it was missing different screws in different positions. This caused either chair to clunk and sway wrongly or the release lever for reclining didn't work most times, but in different ways. So I took the screws from one chair and made one whole and we just just avoided using the other one (now, it's dead weight). None of that fixed the reclining lever.

After returning from our trip, I drove straight home and removed the now incomplete chair and drove 35 miles to the dealer for a replacement - I had just gotten the 5er back after 7 weeks for a broken fridge - just in case the "repair" was gonna take so long and I did NOT want to leave my unit there again. He told me he'd have to contact Keystone/Montana for a recommendation. I shook my head but I understood that's the way it was gonna have to work.

Two days later he called and said it would take an unknown while for Keystone to send a replacement (if ever) and since this was the same dealer service manager that I hassled because of my 7 week fridge repair, he said, just come on back down with the other chair and he will replace them both with new chairs from some unit on his lot and he'd work with Keystone so I wouldn't have to. He would even let me pick out the replacement chairs myself within the color scheme of my rig.

I went down there and picked out two chairs that most likely matched and returned home. DW wife approved, too. It turned out, these recliners also had some slight additional features and the lever to recline the chairs were much better.

You must have gotten the same chairs that went bad on me - just kidding. You don't say how old your rig is, but reclining chairs are way better than what you describe and nothing should be falling out of them. You deserve better - request replacements especially if your rig is under warranty.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote