View Single Post
Old 11-30-2007, 04:13 PM   #3
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
Bob, if you are going to get the JTs find a steel supplier and buy a 71 inch piece of 2x3 box (1/8 inch wall) also buy a 3/8 18 tap. I think that is the size, check the instruction sheet for the exact size. Another thing you will want is a step drill, it makes everything go faster and neater. Here are some of the pics of my install. When you hang the box on the rear set it about an inch behind the c-channel for the rear jacks as per the pics.

when you go to install the front jacks check if the pins on the landing gear are pointing for and aft or left and right. The instructions for the JTs show the install for the pins right and left. If yours are for and aft just put the pivot 90 degrees off. here are the pics of the front install.

I think this should cover most of this install. You might want to buy a half dozen extra bolts, nuts and washers, I thing they are schedule 8. Use the extra bolts where ever you can get a hand inside the skirting to hold the nuts. that should be the right rear as there is a large opening there and maybe the left. Also the front sides, right and left, if you can reach the holes through the holes around the landing gear. Hope this helps... Dave P.S. more pictures here
http://s212.photobucket.com/albums/c...er/Rig%20Mods/
Exnavydiver is offline   Reply With Quote