View Single Post
Old 02-26-2007, 03:40 PM   #17
catsR4me
Established Member

M.O.C. #6762
I'm the other half of Phil P.; this is my first post. I have to say this process of getting rid of a lifetime of STUFF is really difficult. Things that we acquired when we traveled to Spain and England over 30 years ago has lots of memories attached and some value also. However, I've found that it helps to remember that when all is said and done, I won't be taking any of this STUFF with me when I meet my Maker. That's when it will become our kid's STUFF. So we've asked both our boys and their wives what they want (emphasis on "want" since I don't want them to take it out of any sense of obligation to spare our feelings). Like Phil said, our problem right now is that to send them anything requires shipping over thousands of miles. But once we send them what they do want, the rest goes up for sale or will be donated. To put anything in storage means traveling all the way back to Alaska to get it and we're not sure that would be worth the trip. Even still, there are a few things that it's really hard to think about giving up. Although Phil & I will be full timing for awhile, I know that eventually we'll want to acquire a home again. It's scary to think about doing that without any of our STUFF and starting all over!
catsR4me is offline   Reply With Quote