View Single Post
Old 01-31-2007, 02:21 AM   #12
Wrenchtraveller
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4890
Here is another reason a slider can be a good investment. I also like Hijacker hitches and I have personally installed my present manual slider hitch on my last 3 trucks. My two previous trucks were short beds and the one I have now is a long bed but if you were ever in a situation where you wanted to allow a greater angle between the TV and the trailer, a slider can do this for you.
An example of this would be backing up a hill to park your trailer on a level slab.

This happened to me once 20 years ago, I sold a 5th wheel to a nice lady and she asked me to deliver it. The situation was just like I described above and the frame of the fiver nicely dented the back corner of my pickup. This is not a common situation for most people but my brother has to use his slider when he puts his unit in the back yard because of extreme angles.

Now here is a question, will the expensive auto slide hitches work in my extreme angle example and if they won't, is there a manual way of sliding the hitch back if you ever found yourself in the above situation?
Wrenchtraveller is offline   Reply With Quote