View Single Post
Old 10-18-2019, 05:06 PM   #60
dieselguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3085
I'll wade into this discussion ... I understand those of you who have issues with duallys in auto car washes and drive thrus. I don't eat in any of my vehicles and a casual stroll from the parking lot to the bank helps keep me limber, so neither point is of any concern to me or a friend or two of mine. I really don't think the beat down of SRW owners by some DRW owners has much to do with tow capacity, door stickers, or CAT scale tickets. In many cases, we can feel a difference between 4 tires holding up what we're pulling as compared to 2 tires ... and that difference is worth parking a little farther away and walking or sitting inside Mickey D's conversing with the locals instead of slopping a drink all over the console. I had a flat one time on on an inner dual while pulling my fiver. I slowly poked along on the outside dual for another 12 miles or so to a service station where they fixed the flat. It sure beat sitting on the side of the road. Now back to my bag of Orville Redenbachers ...
dieselguy is offline   Reply With Quote