View Single Post
Old 10-28-2019, 05:17 PM   #38
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
Quote:
Originally Posted by CADman_KS View Post
I do like the idea of using this style of vacuum breaker as opposed to the one that's in the unit.
ON EDIT: Actually, a fair number of the campsites that we've stayed at have these type of vacuum breakers on the water spigots already, and they are kind of a nuisance because they spew water all over you when you turn the faucet off. If I was to put one of these in the convenience center, I don't want that thing spewing water every time that I turn the hose off.
Newer codes adopted by many areas now require those anti siphon valves on all outdoor faucets. Our house was built without them. But several years later I had to have an outdoor faucet replaced. And new code required the replacement to have the anti siphon device. That one does leak a little at very low pressure but immediately stops when pressure increases even a little. And never sprays. If I open the faucet quickly it doesn’t even leak.

The valve would serve the purpose at either location. Just personal preference. Mine goes in the CC and doesn’t leak or spray.

I very much believe in the flush system. I drain my tank and start the flush. With the flush running I close the drain valve for about one minute, open the valve and drain, close the valve for one minute, open the valve and drain, repeat until water coming out is relatively clear. Typically lots of extra “stuff” comes out the first time or two.
BB_TX is online now   Reply With Quote