View Single Post
Old 10-03-2005, 03:51 AM   #12
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
Hi Dale,
We'll have the scouts looking out for you. You've got a lot of hard driving ahead of you. If you are on I-80 in the Quad Cities area this evening there are several good choices. If you go the north loop there is a nice park behind the Flying J or whatever type service station. I believe it is called Interstate RV park. Nice sites with good room between rigs. If you want to get off the interstate go north on hwy 61. About 10 miles north of 80 you'll find an outstanding county park. Full hookups and wide open sites on nice level area.

If you take the south loop you'll find a park out on the west side of town. It is a state park I believe. But may be a county park. Very nice.

If you don't want an RV park but just want to park for a while the Flying J would work but man was it busy! Lots of traffic. Just on down down the I80 about 5 miles or so was another large truck stop that was busy but NOT as busy as the first one. And it looked like it had a lot of parking spots. Looked to have easy access. But that was a whole year ago and my memory is not real good. The reason I know about this area is because we had to spend 3 days there while my wife got into a doctor.

Travel safely and see you soon. I think it is Iowa that has free wifi at its' rest stops. And I think there is one just to the west of the Quad City area.

Dennis
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote