Old 01-21-2013, 06:35 AM   #19
swanny
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8816
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by seahunter

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by swanny

Here goes, I love my 220 swift single shot by Ruger. My loads are pushing 4000 FPS, with 53 grain hollow point. I have my leupold 6.5X20 power scope sighted in at 200 yards and a that distance it can drive tacks. I also enjoy my shooting my Marlin 39A, it's a sweet 22. On the walmart ammo, hear our government bought then out?????? Also the info on the cleaning rods is very good, all my rods are teflon coated and one piece. For sighting in, to start shoot at a target very close to you sand bagged gun 10 to 15 yards. Some will say start at 100 yards but you could shoot up a bunch of ammo to get on the paper. So, then shoot at the bullseye and see were the round goes. If it's way off adjust a little bit. Repeat as you move target down range.

kevin
Thanks for the suggestion on sighting in Kevin. I had heard the 100-yard idea too, but it makes sense to start a bit closer and move out from there.

The government buy-up of ammo is sure interesting. The IRS has put in a large order and of course Social Security too.
The SS administration isn;t the only dept buying up ammo. Many of them have in the past year.
swanny is offline   Reply With Quote