View Single Post
Old 08-01-2018, 09:13 PM   #7
Bill.vannuys
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #17706
Go Army,

Welcome to the Forum.

I have had the problem on my rear Axle with the both tires wearing on the inside 2" only with the passenger side rear tire wearing worse than the driver side. I took it to a Trailer Shop that deals with nothing but all kinds of Trailers (not RVs!) for my annual Bearing repack and brake check. They are experts; the former Army mechanic (currently the trailer shop supervisor) brought me back to show me I had a bent rear axle.

My tire wear is not nearly as bad as yours sounds. My options were to replace the axle or have it bent back in line by a recommended shop that does that sort of work (or buy lots of tires). Instead, I have chosen to take a trip to Goshen in September and have the Independent suspension installed with Disk brakes. Then I will replace both rear tires.
I currently have over 20K on the tires so I did get some use. They have adequate tread for the final trip. The 2 front axle tires are still in great condition with even wear (7-8mm remaining). I really like my Sailuns.

My personal experience has been I get better results with RV Brake and suspension issues from a trailer specific shop instead of an RV shop.

I'm retired Army also. Hope to meet you in the future!

2014 3735MK Legacy, Sailun 637s, TST 507RV TPMS, 2 Battle Born 100 AMP Lithium Batteries, Slide Toppers
2015 Chevy 3500 LTZ, 6.6L Duramax 4WD, CC, LB, SRW with Allison Transmission
Bill.vannuys is offline   Reply With Quote