View Single Post
Old 01-06-2019, 07:21 PM   #3
Bad Moon
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #18546
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynemoore View Post
If you have ever removed the wall in the basement you will see that there is plenty of makeup air there. I have closed the vents under the stairs on every rig I have owned. I know I will be bombarded with people who have a different perspective. And yes I know that many will say that it may take a bit more propane to heat the colder air from that area by not pulling it from the living area of the rig. Again look where the furnace is and see all the open area there is. Or try holding a pice of paper over that intake and see if the furnace is drawing all that much air? Just my 2 cents on this topic.
One issue with that is when the furnace first starts up and just before it shuts down, the fan is blowing without the burner fired-up, therefore you are sucking cold air from the basement and blowing it into your trailer. I am looking at backdraft dampers to put on my return air vents. If I ever get around to doing it, I will post photos on here. I hate those drafts under the stairs. Too bad the basements are t better sealed and insulated.
Bad Moon is offline   Reply With Quote