Thread: Level towing?
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2016, 07:26 PM   #10
kenneth e holman
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #18819
I thought i was riding fairly level until mor-ryde installed the IS. Mor-ryde measured the rv and raised the rv up 3'' so that now my rv and truck run very level. I have air bags on my truck and run them at about 40 psi. I also have the hensley air-bag hitch. All this was on the truck before i had the is installed. My truck lowers down approximately 2'' when putting the 3480 pounds of hitch weight on the truck. I have a combination of things to keep the rv level. Just be careful about adjusting your hitch as you want to be sure you have at least 6'' of clearance between the truck and rv. I have 8'' on mine. The only problem with running the front of your rv low is that means you have more hitch weight which is not good and the back to low then your front of rv catches more wind plus having more concern about underpasses. My front a/c is 13'5''from the ground which is what the booklet shows what the Montana is suppose to be from the factory.Level is always better if you can achieve it. Good-Luck.
kenneth e holman is offline   Reply With Quote