View Single Post
Old 12-30-2018, 09:14 AM   #21
Golfmedik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #18474
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaseurs View Post
Got the H & S OEM replacement intercooler pipe replaced on my 2015 Ford F-350. The OEM pipe came out quickly and easily. I used a bungee cord to hold the interfering coolant hoses out of the way. Was following the installation instructions that came with the new parts. Lots of grunting and groaning trying to get the new one wrestled into place. Had to figure out my own method. Put the bottom silicone 90 degree pipe in place first, then installed the metal and straight silicone pieces. Had to remove the coolant line from the connection just above the lower connection because it interfered with the installation. Finally got everything put in place. The instructions said to locate the sensor on the front side. THAT will NOT fit. The sensor has to be located on the top.
The new kit includes a short metal strap to be used to support the power steering fluid reservoir. OMG, that is totally unprofessional!!!! After this experience I would opt for the replacement that SCOTTZ chose. It looks like the parts have the same twists and bends as the original pipe, without interference with the power steering fluid reservoir or any of the other pieces and parts located under the hood. Short test drive went well. Headed to Phoenix from Idaho on the 2nd, and hope it all works well.
There is actually an updated H&S for the stock truck that's been out several months now that does not require moving the steering reservoir and the pipe is two pieces, with the main tube being silicone and MUCH longer. Takes only 20 minutes to install the new version.