View Single Post
Old 02-03-2011, 02:12 PM   #5
mlh
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2283
You should get an improvement for both mileage and power. Every body who adds a chip, if they can keep their foot out of it get both.
Some people are under the mistaken assumption that adding more power will decreased life expediency of their truck. If you drive responsibly it can add to the life of your truck. Think about it. If we are going down the road at the same speed, rear wheel power is exactly the same far both trucks. I have 580 HP you have 350 HP but we aren't all of it. we are only us ins enough power to maintain the speed we are traveling. Since my engine doesn't haft to overcome the exhaust restriction of the DPF my engine is putting out a few lass HP than yours. Plus me cylinders aren't being washed free of all the oil on them like yours when its in Regen. No fuel is winding up in my oil because it goes into Regen. I convinced as our trucks age my engine will have less wear than a stock engine with the DPF. Will that matter? I doubt it. I doubt either one of us will drive our trucks till they are wore out anyway. To answer your question. No a tuner that is properly designed does not in any way harm any part of your truck, if you drive responsibly. Drive like an idiot and all bets are off. Even then these Ford 5R120 transmissions are extremely difficult to tear up.
Lynwood
mlh is online now   Reply With Quote