View Single Post
Old 12-09-2013, 09:43 AM   #1
scott-pati
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12894
Added a closet light...

Added a closet light in the closet that would serve as a W/D or a closet. We use it as a closet for now.
The light was bought at CW and is an LED with a plunger door switch, so the light goes on/off as you open and close the door. At first I didn't think it was bright enough, but it is.

Below is the light in action.

Below I just stapled the wire around and drilled a hole into the main compartment.

Below you can see the wire coming through into the main compartment after removing the black panel.

Below you can get a better idea of what I'm talking about. I tied the light into the 12v supply outlet which I've circled.

First let me say that I have a bad back and I'm limited to time of a job and how to crawl into a space. I would have liked to tie it into the main panel, but my back is limited.

Anyway, let me say that Keystone uses all crimp type connectors on everything. They don't even twist the wires together before crimping them. It was very easy to pull a wire out of the connector. Just be a where if something stops working or shorts out, that a loose connection could be involved.

I hope I've enlightened all of you.
scott-pati is offline   Reply With Quote