View Single Post
Old 10-05-2006, 02:43 AM   #25
noneck
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6263
Send a message via AIM to noneck
Hi David,
I think your toast... Do you think its binding where it comes through the I beam? If its not there then these valves are "Gate" style and if its sticking the problem is likely in the rubber seals beginning to dry-out (not from being exposed to air but they sort of decompose into a non ply-able state) hence, causing the gate or plate to increase in friction during operation. I suppose trying to dump some form of lubricant in hopes it makes it to the point is an option...just worry putting "oils" into a tank that needs to be kept at minimum for gunk is kinda away from the RV do's.
When I upgraded mine to the 6 ft flex cable I changed the whole thing...(picture I provided is actually prior to pulling original). It was not a quick and it was a bit messy even after having empting the tank. I had to cut the drain line as it prevented pulling the underbelly skin for this section. On reassembly I used a rubber union that has two stainless steel clamps so if I gotta go back in again I don't have to re-cut the 1-1/4" pvc drain line.
Good luck,
Chuck
noneck is offline   Reply With Quote