View Single Post
Old 11-07-2007, 09:49 AM   #1
Sherri48
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #7532
Send a message via Yahoo to Sherri48
About time I said Hello...

Hi everyone.
I've been lurking in the bushes, trying to absorb the wealth of information on here....and to be honest, a little nervous about posting anything (until today). I know nothing, other than the little I've learned in the 3 weeks we used our unit this past summer.

I'm Sherri and DH is Larry.

In 2000, due to a car accident, and 2 major back surgeries, I had to leave my job as a Registered Nurse working in Detroit Michigan. Larry developed some serious, diabetes related cardiac problems a little over 2 years ago and was forced into an early retirement. We live out in the country about 15-20 minutes outside of Windsor Ontario Canada.
We have 2 married children and lots of grandchildren and a couple of great grandchildren. Our son, daughter in law and family enjoy camping, but daughter, son in law and family enjoy "camping" at the Holiday Inn.

Due to DH's ongoing declining health issues, including 4 heart surgeries over the past 2 and a half years, we found ourselves no longer being able to do the popup routine. If we wanted to continue camping, and have things easier, we had to get a 5er and bigger truck. We got our "new to us" 2004 Ford 350 PSTD dually in June, and our 2007 Mountaineer 336RLT in July but were only able to get out camping for 3 weeks. We have plans to go camping from April to October next year, and are tossing around the idea of getting a seasonal site near home. This our first 5er, and although a huge beast compared to the popups, I must say it is a most welcome change and we both love it.

My observation is that this is one great big, happy, close-knit family here, and that is truly very nice to see. Everyone seems more than willing to help each other out, no matter what the problem.
I am a moderator over on Rv.Net, and for the most part I see the same thing there...everyone trying to help in whatever capacity they can.
I don't have much to offer in the way of "help", because I don't have the knowledge that all of you have. but I can offer my friendship, and hope some day to have the honor of meeting many of you.

Sherri

Sherri48 is offline   Reply With Quote