View Single Post
Old 06-21-2018, 12:26 PM   #16
parksjanda
Established Member

M.O.C. #21427
There is an important update to this thread. My husband and I physically went to Malvern DMV and spoke with a supervisor and CDL examiner about the Class A non-commercial upgrade drivers license procedure. He said that if an individual who already has a Class C drivers license that with a class a non-commercial learners permit can have any license holder present when practicing or the drivers exam. A week later I went back to the Malvern DMV and spoke to another supervisor and got the same answer. (Just double checking) So I then called our local township police and spoke with an officer. He said that legally, a class c license holder with a class a non-commercial learners permit does not require anyone to be present while driving or going to drivers exam. He said he owns a truck and 5th wheel and has a class a non-commercial license and had been through the entire process. He reminded that you have one year on the learners permit to pass the class a non-commercial drivers exam. So the process of upgrading to a class a non-commercial drivers license here in PA is not as complicated as thought.
parksjanda is offline   Reply With Quote