Thread: 2nd ac?
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2005, 01:58 PM   #12
trukdoc
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2220
Send a message via MSN to trukdoc
I had already had the idea. But have not done it yet largely not knowing what I was going to get myself into. You know it will only take an hour, and 6 hours later... I went to Tyler State park and parked in space 42 and in space 43 was my coach. 328RLS Mountaineer. We got to talking and the second air come up. I asked the question about needing 50 AMP. He showed me my idea, and that is to install a outdoor wall socket that the female end on an extension cord goes in. Came in by the bed inside the wall and over to the selector switch. Took out the selector switch. And when he uses the second air he plugs it in to the always available 20 amp plug with a regular extension cord in the RV box and the 30 AMP plug. He has never blown the circut breaker for both AC units. Very important if the pups are going to be left for a couple of hours. As for the question is 30 AMP enough. In most cases yes. However I had a weak breaker this weekend and had to cut off the water heater to be able to run the AC and TV at the same time. Otherwise I would keep kicking out the circut breaker in the supply box not the interior breakers.
trukdoc is offline   Reply With Quote