View Single Post
Old 10-21-2010, 11:29 AM   #6
timbuktu78
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #3641
I have contacted Keystone and they have actually been pretty good at authorizing the repairs, the problem is that many of my problems have been repaired by a couple of different dealers and none seems to be able to fix it. All repairs are going on multiple attempts. My warranty has recently expired. Since all of my problems happened while the 5er was under warranty, Keystone, so far, has said they will probably authorize more attempts to fix. One of my major issues appears to be structural. The nose of the 5er is flexing to the point that the exterior bottom portion of the nose is seperating from the coach. It was "fixed" but is actually now worse than what it was before. And I continue to weigh the 5er and I am not overweight, so that is not the issue. The other (less severe) are too multiple to list. But one issue with the toilet caused major flooding which resulted in over $6,000 in damage. It was "repaired" but still persists, but thankfully no flooding has occurred again yet. There is also another plumbing issue of a problematic leak in the basement that all but makes the basement unusable since there is constant water leaking into that compartment. I never considered pursuing the Lemon Law until I met someone recently with a 09 Keystone 5er that had many of my same issues, particularly the issue with the nose, that they ended up getting fully reimbursed for their trailer. I would LOVE to be able to be done with the issues and get another 5er. So far, my 5er has been in the shop for nearly three months out of the last 12. I am Active Duty and constantly deployed so it makes it really difficult to deal with and leaves a lot for my wife to handle. This is my second new 5er from Keystone and with the first, I had only a few bugs to work out. With this one, I just figured some have more bugs than others and kept rolling with the punches. But after 14 months of dealing with this, it has become a stressful situation and I just want resolution. I will take the 5er in one last time to the dealership with hopes everything will finally get fixed, but this will be the last time before I pursue legal action. I spent $50,000 on this trailer, and while I understand there will be bugs to work out, this has got to the point being beyond ridiculous and my patience are wearing.
timbuktu78 is offline   Reply With Quote