View Single Post
Old 04-03-2019, 08:33 AM   #1
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
The everlasting peeling leather furniture

As many have reported, the supposed leather furniture in many models has a life of about two years before the thin (and I mean really thin) bonded leather starts to peel from the fabric beneath it. After a couple of years of deciding whether to replace the furniture, we finally decided to take the cheap route since we could not justify the cost of replacement furniture as compared to our limited usage of the rig. Accomplished the cheap solution by buying a couple of sofa covers from Overstock and was frankly, somewhat impressed with the results. Colors were a very good match, and I placed non-skid shelf liners on the seat cushions beneath the cover to hopefully prevent slippage. Will test them out in a couple of weeks on our first "Spring Break" trip of the year! Will post a photo as soon as I can figure out how to not have the post rotate it, we have the opposing couches and love the layout and are happy to be able to preserve that aspect of the living room.

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote