Thread: TV advice
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2006, 03:48 AM   #1
drjjj
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5757
TV advice

We are about to order our first trailer, a 3400RL. I have a 99 F250 SD with the 7.3 diesel and the stock trailering package. I have towed tandem trailers up to 35 feet several times with no problems. The vehicle is rated by Ford to tow 13,500. I would like advice regarding hitch choices. The truck only has 76K miles on it, and I intend to keep it for four more years. I have pretty reliable information that Toyota intends to challenge the big 3 big truck market with a 2010 model. I am not sold on Toyota, but I figure it will make the big 3 rise to the occasion, so to speak. I have not done anything major to the truck other than to upgrade the shocks when they wore out, and have a Rhino liner installed. I am contemplating having one of the "Superchips" installed. I am wondering if any of the after market stuff like the Banks systems makes any economic sense, considering increased efficiency/resale value vs. cost. I should add that my wife and I will be living in the trailer at an RV park full time for a year while we have our next house (we are down-sizing) built. Our towing for the first year, at least, will be short, weekend trips. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
drjjj is offline   Reply With Quote