View Single Post
Old 03-16-2019, 06:48 PM   #13
airboatart
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #17939
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtlakejim View Post
You know I see this kind of flippant response on here quite often. It really surprises me that people that are so ready to live on the edge (and maybe well over it) are so arrogant when responding to those of us who want to be a little cautious when it matters. I used to be one of those on the edge kind of KIDS when I was a lot younger. I learned thru experience, some of it hard earned, that when your towing something as heavy and large as some of these 5th wheels are, having more truck than you actually need is really good idea!

If I am advising someone who has never towed before I am going to be real quick to tell them go with the next larger size if your right at the edge just to be safe and run like hell from anyone that tells you to do less because they don't have your best interest at heart.

You can get by with less truck, but bragging about it only makes you look foolish. It's sorta that "here hold my beer" mentality. If you survive your just lucky that's all. And no you don't look cool doing it!

Now before you start calling me old man safety or something understand I have a Can Am X3 sitting in the drive and I'm not the slightest bit hesitant to hammer down in the desert. That machine was built for it and there are places where it is expected. Going down the interstate with a 42' 5th wheel in tow calls for a different mentality. Leave living on the edge where it belongs!!!
Amen I 2nd what mtlakejim said
airboatart is offline   Reply With Quote