View Single Post
Old 11-05-2013, 06:22 AM   #8
Irlpguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12935
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by KathyandDave

Begin rambling post
We live in Ontario and have a Bell TV (nee Express-Vu) HD receiver. We have been using the tripod dish with two LNB's. I'm sick of the difficulties of acquiring a signal, similar as described by gelswick. I've been researching various options for a self-aiming dish, stationary-only. While at an RV show yesterday, I happened upon the Ontario rep for Winegard and other satellite equipment brands. I learned that the FCC has banned Bell from aiming their satellite signal into the USA. This is apparently in retaliation for Canada's CRTC banning American networks from aiming signals into Canada, to protect Bell's turf. So, while the Winegard Mission rooftop dish is mostly network-agnostic, so it will receive Bell and Dish easily, we can't get our Canadian Bell signal in our American travels. This makes an expensive dish less attractive. We've also heard that we can get some kind of short-term receiver rental deal while in the United States. Does anybody have any knowledge about this or ideas about our situation?
end rambling post

Dave go to this website " http://rfmogul.com/about-us.html " and you will find their phone number and some other information. Call Royal Lamb personally and present him with any questions regarding Bell and Shaw. He will know what the status is at this time in the area.
He is very easy to talk to and has been lots of help to me and I don't own his system, my Sister does. I have the Wineguard Traveler.

In a couple of weeks I will know from my sister if they are getting shaw on their dish in Yuma, will keep you informed. I know you don't have Shaw but it might be an option.

My understanding is they cannot change the footprint of existing satellites, they can control who receives the signal through software on the receivers however. These cable companies run roughshod over us wherever they think they might loose a dollar. There is little or no protection for the consumer.
Irlpguy is offline   Reply With Quote