View Single Post
Old 07-13-2010, 04:07 PM   #5
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
Keep in mind that the dealer makes a profit off of hte sale of the plans as well. In our case the dealer quoted $1400 for 7 years protection at $0 deductible at the time of the rig purchase but also said that the price was going up $300 in a couple of months. I told them we would consider it but would not buy it for a few months. When I approached them about purchasing the plan, they reminded me of the price increase. My response was if they wanted to sell it I would take it for the original price. I got it for the original price. Lesson being, the dealer price should be negotiable. Ours is called Star RV and id provided through Interstate National Dealer Services, Inc. (I haven't looked them up online but I do know they have been in business for more than 20 years). We have replaced an Apollo oven and the pump motor for the hydraulic slides and a couple of other minor things. We have already received the price of the plan and have three years remaining on it, so at least in our view it was worth it. It is a personal decision, but I would definitely shop around. I got it through the dealer since I know they honor the plan and are in the same community as we are. Do your research and if you choose to go that route, be prepared to make an informed decision. The price seems high to me. This is not an endorsement but I admit we are satisfied.
Bingo

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote