View Single Post
Old 07-13-2010, 01:16 PM   #1
snowhawk2
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10557
Cost of Extended Warranty - To Buy Or Not

Calling all MOCs with an opinion on this issue. Thursday we are taking delivery on a 2010 3750 FL and I'm not a big fan of extended warranties unless it is on an expensive purchase with mechanical and electronic things that can fail. From experience we know that can be the case with a camper and the 12 cubic foot refrigerator alone is $3,500 without installation. So we are considering the extended warranty to protect this big rig and we know a few people who bought the warranty online and had terrible experiences with the company. Their advice was to buy it from the dealer if it is reputable. The dealer has quoted me $2,800.00. for five years and it is replacement coverage of the failed part. A few questions for my new friends at MOC: Is this cost reasonable, would you buy one, and if you did what did it cost (if you don't mind me asking). All input is greatly appreciated as we need to make a decision by tomorrow. The dealer is offering fabric and paint protective coating for $599 which I have on my truck, R2000. Your thoughts on this as well would be appreciated.

Thanks so much.

Rich
snowhawk2 is offline   Reply With Quote