View Single Post
Old 04-29-2011, 02:56 AM   #6
Johnnyg
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9710
Lee, if it wasn't for the fact that the floor directly above the pin box pushed up and splintered the closet wall I wouldn't have given what movement our pin box has a second thought. My trailer is back at the dealer now at Keystones request to re-investigate what they first said was acceptable movement.
I participated in the first inspection and didn’t see any broken welds. When the deflection was measured the mechanic used a floor jack. He measured the distance from the ground up to the front edge of the pin box. Then he pushed the pin up with the jack until the weight of the trailer came off the front landing gear. This was done several times with an average deflection of 1 1/16” at the front end of the pin box. No measurement was taken where the pin box bolts onto the frame.
I was encouraged by several people on the forum to call Keystone and confirm what was done. Several days after I called, they apparently reconsidered what was done on the first inspection and advised that I take the trailer back!
Not being too impressed with the first dealer (who I bought the trailer from) I took it to another which happens to be closer to home. The service writer called me last night and said pictures and weights have been sent to Keystone for review. I’ll keep you informed how it goes.
Johnnyg is offline   Reply With Quote