View Single Post
Old 10-08-2018, 12:42 PM   #23
PSFORD99
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9051
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnJohn View Post
Not so fast. No one has said current tires are bad. Yes, they had many accidents, injuries, and even deaths on the G519 that they kept on selling. When the 1st produced Marathons they were not bad, then they changed to junk. GY is not extremely trustworthy.
The GY G614 is a good tire. It used to be the best and deserved a premium but not a huge one. Anyone doing research will find some problems. The same research on the Sailun S 637 is much better. Also, it is 1/2 the price. Stay with the GY as you are happy and comfy with them. Many others will also, but all I know have or will switch to Sailun and NOT because of price but reputation.

Thank goodness for the Sailuns

Yes ,back what 10 years ago the G614's were the best considering the alternatives that we were getting on our Montana fifth wheels. My OEM's were Mission brand, I didn't leave them on very long, went with the G614's they served me well, although they didn't have a stellar reputation. They were fairly expensive back then. There were not many choices back then for a G rated 16" tire. A lot of guys were going with a quality LT E rated tire or the G614's
PSFORD99 is offline   Reply With Quote