View Single Post
Old 11-09-2019, 09:41 AM   #47
DmaxDually
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #14092
Quote:
Originally Posted by Last2Die View Post
How are you working it to work without connecting to the truck ? I remember reading something about that just can’t remember.
I didn't wire the power for the camera system to the marker lights. When I got my RV I installed an aux blade fuse block with 12 fuses in my garage so I can add accessories as needed without having to connect separate wires and fuses to my batteries.
I ran a power wire from the fuse block to the switch panel in the RV. I installed a lighted switch in the panel and ran power to each of the cameras from the switch. I connected each camera ground to the frame at each camera location. This way the cameras get powered from the RV batteries and not the TV marker lights. So you don't need the TV for power. I just turn the camera system on/off with the switch at the panel in the RV. I get in my TV and plug in the display. It works great.
When I get to the campsite I unhook and set up. I take the display from the TV and bring it inside the RV. plug it into power and your done. Now you're going to have to buy a 110 to 12v power supply to power the display inside your RV. They are not expensive and you can get them on Amazon.