View Single Post
Old 04-18-2005, 03:38 PM   #9
Montana_1240
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1240
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by ken

We chose to install a satellite automatic tracking antenna on the roof of our 2005 Montana. The feed comes thru the front cap and down into the RG-6 cables that Montana installed in the trailer. We look like a pregnate guppy coming down the highway and it raised our height to 13'2". Camping World installed it. I have installed an extra satellite feed on an older RV we had. And it worked fine using the techniques above.
Ken and Velda Taylor
Dahlgren Va
2005 3475 Montana
2000 Ford F350 Diesel
Ken,

You said they ran the cable down into the nose cap. From there, it uses the RG-6 cables that were already in your rig? Is that right?

Did you ask if they might run a cable to where your TV is, without disturbing the existing Keystone-installed cables?

I’m hoping to get something like that. That way, should we trade up again, I could simply take the added equipment off and have it installed on our next rig.

I’d want to have the cables run directly to where our TV is in this 3475. In the slide out. Which would mean they’d have to follow the existing cables.

If I recall right, at the factory, they didn’t really secure the cables in the roof space. So if they had to, they could use one to pull in a pull-string, and then replace the original cable as they installed a new one.

Do you think that would even be possible?

I plan on eventually getting both DirecTV, and DirecWay, so we could use the same antenna & satellite for both TV and Internet.

I’m really tired of having the drop-outs that many Wi-Fi systems seem to be prone to.

And, if at all possible, once that wiring is in place, I’d want to hang my old DSL-type router onto the connection so both my wife and I could use wireless at the same time, sharing my PC’s printer as we used to do back home.

Have you, (or anyone,) had any experience with both those services?

Thanks in Advance,
Steve
Montana_1240 is offline   Reply With Quote