View Single Post
Old 10-28-2011, 07:59 AM   #40
Snowman8wa
Established Member

M.O.C. #10453
I, like RichFAA, also escaped from the FAA (2009). I was an Air Traffic Controller, who was zapped with a 5-year pay freeze in 2006. That affected my bottom line on my retirement. To add insult to injury, then there's no COLA increases; even though costs continue to rise.

We are stationary FT, house in CA down 300K since 2008, so that's a rental now util the market comes back. We cut ALL excess spending, we reviewed all bills and services and reduced what we really didn't need. I bought a book called "YOUR MONEY-THE MISSING MANUAL"
This book has some good information for all of us to reflect upon. The key word is "ENOUGH" and what is enough for us to have and really need.

We're surviving; on a serious budget, a 5-year plan that will have us back in the original plan; building the house at the end of the plan on some acreage. Then we hope to free the Montana back to a vacation road home and not a residence. We are glad we upgraded to the 3750. It does feel like a small cozy apartment as opposed to a vacation vehicle.
Snowman8wa is offline   Reply With Quote