View Single Post
Old 10-22-2011, 01:57 AM   #32
Tom Gina 06
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5993
I look at the past and see some things that scare the hell out of me now. In my early 20's I lived through the 38% unemployment that was real in Northern MN during the early 80's. Just about every job was connected to the steel industry back then. During these times I was forced to leave the area and family for good. The thing is that was isolated to one small geographical area because that area did not have the diversity that other areas have in the way of jobs available back then. What I see now is on such a larger scale and that is why this scares the hell out of me. The interest and tax rates cannot be held down to accommodate the increase of debt in our country without consequence. When all this comes to a head it is going to be very ugly for all of our people young and old.

I personally feel that my days until retirement are going to slip away with the changes this country is about to embark on. On a positive note, we do have the Monty and have the time to weather the pending economic storm about to hit. It has been gradually heading that way with the real-estate crash just as a starter. Our Children are also in a position that they are fairly safe where they are at now with their careers. As things progress I am not so sure that heading to some small town in the middle of no where, away from all the mass populous areas might be the way to go. Much said for that type of environment where people take care of each other no matter what. Sure Wally World and Best Buy are not around the corner but then what the heck they may not even open their doors by then anyway. Life for all in the USA is on the road to big time change. My advise to everyone is grab onto the biggest knot in your rope and hang on tight, cause it is going to be one hell of a ride! This is a great topic OZZ thanks for bringing it up.....
Tom Gina 06 is offline   Reply With Quote