View Single Post
Old 05-19-2012, 03:42 PM   #11
TimButterfield
Established Member

M.O.C. #12495
Dick & Joyce, Thanks. I'm glad it's a comfortable tow. Are you using a fixed hitch or air ride? Are you within all 2500 specs or just rear GAWR? With the extra equipment on your Laramie compared with our ST, the spec sheet shows your payload as 120 pounds less, which increases our cushion a bit more. Do you have the 3.73 or 4.10? It doesn't affect payload, but does affect max trailer weight. Our is the 3.73. Here's the spec sheet I'm looking at: http://www.ramtrucks.com/en/towing_g...wing.Specs.pdf

We took a look at the 3400RL today. I think we have completed our in-person floorplan check phase. Depending on how our finances end up next month, the 3400RL will be our first choice. Our second choice is a larger, but much less expensive TT, an Open Range Journeyer JT359FK. With the rear basement and being able to use the truck bed, I think the TT would have more storage than the Monty. But, I think we like the Monty better, especially the built in desk. With the TT, we would need to remove the sofa to put in a desk. Our dealer is well known, Tiara in Elkhart. They carry both brands. Hopefully, by early next month, we will have our order in. With the plant vacation in July, we should picked it up in September. For now, I can wait and second guess myself.
TimButterfield is offline   Reply With Quote