View Single Post
Old 08-26-2005, 03:48 AM   #1
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
The rain stopped

Modern technology is fantastic!! As I write, I am listening to KHCB-FM radio over the internet(if anyone cares to listen, it is khcb.org). It is the station I broadcast on at 10:00 AM on Wednesdays. It is like a little piece of home.

The rains finally broke. Sunshine is good. It helps us orient. We have been out exploring. Wow, what a city. Roads or so narrow and twisty in spots that Montanas and TVs would not be able to negotiate. Fuel is priced about the same as in the U.S. except that the amount is a quart rather than a gallon. It is probably a good thing I couldn't put pontoons on the Monty.

The people here continue to overwhelm us with gracious kindness. We have enjoyed some of he finest cuisine we have ever been privileged to experienced. They seem so grateful that we have come to Hong Kong. Strangely enough, there are four staff members of the church from Texas. I am from Houston and the other three are from the Dallas area. All of us are amazed to find ourselves in Hong Kong.

We have identified the site of our permanent apartment. We will be able to occupy it in about six weeks. It has excellent storage and ample living space. We will be on the sixth floor of a building on the side of a mountain with a fantastic view of the city. The young people in it are relocating to Shanghi, a fine young Christian couple that we are sad about losing from the church.

Our morning routine is a walk down a very steep hill to Starbucks for coffee and then trek back up the hill to our apartment. All I will say is that the trip is getting a bit easier.

Well, right now I don't have much to say about Montanas, but want to stay in touch. I generally read a few posts every day.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote